- She was Cheesy, and rather annoying.
- She was a micromanager, to put it nicely
- She was condescending
- One time a guest bought me a pizza, kind of as a tip. Not only did she eat some of it without asking, she took it home with her.
- When she finally got the GM job after ten years, she hired her daughter as assistant manager. Her daughter had 6 months of experience, I had 5 years.
- Her daughter fired me while I was on vacation.
- After I was gone, she hired 2 more of her kids to work at the hotel.
- Shortly thereafter, the regional manager fired her and her whole family.
She had no ambition to be anything more than GM of that hotel, and her stint at the helm lasted less than 6 months.
The denoument to the tale was interesting. A former co-worker, who was also fired from the hotel, called me up and said "Did you hear what happened to Paula?"
My reply: "What can I say? The bitch got what she deserved."
Her: "That's terrible...how can you say that?"
Me: "You're actually sticking up for her?"
Her: "Well, I couldn't stand her, but I didn't wish her dead."
Me: "She's fucking dead?"
Her: "I don't guess that you did hear"
Turns out that she had taken another job as Assistant manager at another hotel out of town, and she had a stroke and died in the hotel room.
Oh well, at least she got to fulfill her life's dream before she died...not everyone can say that.